This Months fun facts breed is on the French bulldog...
* Why a Frenchie? They are great companions, cuddlers and entertainers. They are NOT good barn dogs, exercise/running partners, and sometimes do NOT do well with other dogs or cats.
* Originally Frenchies had both “bat” (the upright, rounded ears we are used to) and “tulip” ears (folded over ears). It was American fanciers of the breed who insisted that the “bat” ears were actually the correct confirmation.
* French Bulldogs can be stubborn during trainning but they respond well to positive reinforcement. Make trainning into a game and you’ll have more success!
* French Bulldogs are generally good with children, but because of their compact, muscular nature they can knock unsteady youngsters over. Any dog should be monitored with young children.
* French Bulldogs have earned the nickname "Frog dogs" due to the way they lay with their back legs splayed out behind them.
* Bathe your Frenchie only when he needs it. Too many baths can rob their coat of essential oils. Also, only use dog shampoos. Human shampoos have a different ph balance. Once a month is a good rule.
* Size: The weight of French Bulldogs range from 22 - 28 pounds
* Life of French Bulldogs: the life expectancy of this breed of dog is between 9 - 11 years
I do not take credit for all cover photos